The Best Self Care Ideas for New Moms
As a new mom myself, I know how essential it is to make time for yourself, even if it’s just a few minutes at a time. There’s A LOT to take on when you become a mother for the first time and practicing self care is something that will help keep you sane.
Enjoy this list of 20+ self care ideas for new moms for inspiration!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means I earn a commission if you make a purchase through these links, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read our disclosures.
Self Care Ideas for New Moms
- Get a mani/pedi
- Get hair done
- Take a bubble bath
- Watch a show
- Do a face mask
- Do your hair-curl/straighten/anything that makes you feel put together
- Have a date night with your spouse
- Have a girl’s night out with your friends
- Shop for clothes that make you feel confident in your postpartum body
- Spend time with family and friends
- Grab yourself a Starbucks
- Leave the house
- Set boundaries for you and your baby- becoming a mom is overwhelming!
- Go for a walk and get some fresh air
- Eat full meals
- Move your body
- Practice affirmations
- Take a nap
- Schedule time for your favorite hobbies
As a first time mom, how do you like to practice self care? Which item on this list was your favorite? Share in the comments!
Want to Have the Best Postpartum Experience Possible?
If you’re a new mom wanting to make self care a priority while you navigate through postpartum, check out my Postpartum Self Care Bundle!
For only $3, you’ll receive:
- A list of 10 journal prompts + a blank page for free writing
- A blank page to write down your favorite motherhood memories and milestones (for you and baby)
- A self care bucket list
- Weekly Check-In Journaling Page
Grab your Postpartum Self Care Bundle!